Who are we?
The French Riviera Film Commission was created in 1999 at the initiative of the French Riviera Chamber of Commerce and Industry and four founding cities: Antibes, Cannes, Grasse and Menton.
Since 2007, the French Riviera Film Commission has been operating as a non-profit, charitable association and, as such, is authorized to collect funds for cultural sponsorship. It is a member of Film France’s network of Film Commissions, and is a founding member of the European Film Commission.
Many new members have now joined the Commission’s founding cities : Beausoleil, Cagnes-sur-Mer, the Alpes d’Azur Community of Municipalities, French Riviera Community, La Colle-sur-Loup, Roquebrune Cap-Martin, Saint-Martin Vésubie, Théoule-sur-Mer, Vence, Villefranche-sur-Mer, Villeneuve-Loubet, Mougins and The Conseil Départemental of Alpes-Maritimes.
The Commission is presided over by David Lisnard, Mayor of Cannes and deputy chairman of the General Council of the Alpes-Maritimes delegated to the tourism, and Vice Chaired by Jean-Pierre Savarino, Présdent of the Chamber of Commerce and industry Nice French Riviera. Mrs Thérèse Dartois, Assistant and community Adviser of the city of Villeneuve-Loubet is the Treasurer.
Our goals and actions
The French Riviera Film Commission, whose scope covers the whole of the Alpes-Maritimes departement, can partner you in all your film, television and advertising projects.
Its services, offered completely free of charge, include:
- Promoting the French Riviera and its locations, its human and technical resources.
- Providing information and access to an extensive skills database: show business artists, local crew, service providers, accommodation professionals …
Finding a professional
- Providing help and advice for pre-scouting missions using local human and technical resources.
- Liaising with local authorities to facilitate administrative procedures for obtaining filming permits.
Application for film permit
- Dealing with all national and international requests addressed directly to the Commission or transmitted through the Film Commission network.
- Setting up contacts with funding bodies (grants, production or co-production, product placement).
- Giving information and assisting film industry and audio-visual professionals throughout the different phases of project development (taxation, tax rebates, international commercial agreements…).
Funding & Services